India has set a high target of achieving Installed Solar Power capacity of 100 GW by the year 2022. Hence to make it possible India needs array of Solar Power projects. Till March 2020 India has achieved milestone of 34.6 GW of Installed Solar capacity. Let’s have an overview of some of the projects that make us look the ambitious target of 100 GW achievable for India.
Bhadla Solar Park: Bhadla Solar park is largest power plant in the world with capacity of 2245 MW.
This plant is situated in Jodhpur District of Rajasthan in India.
Constructed in area of 5700 Hectares, this park witnessed the lowest bid of solar power in India at Rs2.44 per Kilowatt-Hour in December 2020.
This Park was made in Four Phases and became fully operational on 20th March 2020.
- Pavagada Solar Park: Pavagada Solar Park is second largest Solar park in India. It is situated in Pavagada, Tumkur District. This plant has the capacity of 2050 MW. Park is constructed in area of 13000 Acres. This Park has been constructed by Joint Venture of Karnataka Renewable Energy Development and Solar Energy Corporation of India. This plant was commissioned in March 2018 with estimate cost of Rs 14,425 Crores.
- Kurnool Ultra Mega Solar Park: Kurnool Ultra Mega Solar Park is situated in Kurnool District of Andra Pradesh. This Plant has capacity of 1000 MW. This Park is constructed in area of 24 Sq Km. This park contains around 4 million solar panels. This park was commissioned on 29 March 2017 with estimate cost of Rs 7000 Crores.
- Rewa Ultra Mega Solar: Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Park s situtated in Rewa District of Madhya Pradesh. This Solar Park has Capacity of 750 MW and it also fulfils power need of Delhi Metro. This project was inaugurated on 10 July 2020 by Prime Minister of India Mr Narendra Modi. This park is constructed in area of 6.4 Sq Km. Total cost estimated with this project is around Rs 4500 Crores.
- Kamuthi Solar Power Project: Kamuthi Solar Power project is located in Kamuthi, Ramanathpuram District of Tamil Nadu. This project has capacity of 648 MW. This Power project is situated in area of 2500 Acres. This project consists of 2.5 million solar modules. This project was commissioned in March 2017 with estimated cost of Rs 4550 crores.
- Charanka Solar Park: Charanka Soalr Park also known as Gujrat Solar Park 1 is situated in Charanka Village of Patan District. This plant has capacity of 615 MW and is spread in area of 4900 Acres.
We expect India to keep this level efficiency for upcoming power projects. We will surely discuss them in our future blogs.